[squid-users] sqstat, cachemgr and chained proxies

From: Jaime Herazo B. <jaime.herazo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 21:32:32 -0500

Hi. I have a problem. I have a machine with squid serving a LAN, but
it also uses HAVP for antivirus filtering. HAVP is the one that
receives the requests in the first place, then forwards them to squid.
After that, sarg makes nice reports.

Of course, i ran into the everything-comes-from-localhost problem, and
i just turned on X-Forwarded-For processing and it all went well. But
then i noticed that sqstat had no such option. Also, sqstat had no
knowledge of that header anywhere. So, i manually parsed the cachemgr
output trying to find the right regex to add it myself since it's a
not-too-big php script and i hoped i could try my hand at modifying
it. Found that cachemgr doesn't send that information at all.

What can be done about that? i like the real-time reporting sqstat
has, have used it on another place before, but if squid doesn't give
it the right data it won't work right.

Ideas? fixes? workarounds?

--
   Those unforgettable memories