Re: [squid-users] hi i need help please, transparent proxy with AUth

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 23:02:44 +1300

Rodrigo Gliksberg wrote:
> Hello a ihave mount server OpenBSD 4.4 with squid 2.7, and squidguard, i
> need to my boos transparent mode with AUTHENTICATION?, was is not
> posible, from squid, any can help with any idea.
>

> i think use a php app, to manage sessions in mysql, and with external
> acl one script to check ip started session, and other script to clear
> sessions

Web browser security WILL NOT pass authentication password to a machine
it did not connect to.

Transparent intercepting proxy == man-in-middle security attack on HTTP.

Look at side-band authentication such as external_acl_type using client
IP address etc as the keys instead of username/pass.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.6