Re: [squid-users] Can a guru verify my config?

From: rightfoot <forums_at_logicore.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 12:44:31 -0700 (PDT)

What the heck kind of reply is this and why did you send it to my email
address and not post it in the forums! Sending replies like this are what
make people run back to Microsoft in frustration.

> Rather than craft a config file from what you have picked from the list,
> it's better for you to start with the default squid.conf that you get when
> you install squid and improve on the functions by reading about what you
> need from the FAQ and the Wiki. Only ask questions when you have read and
> failed to understand or gotten stuck.

Are you kidding me with this reply? I AM STUCK!

What makes you think I didn't read, and read and read and try until I
finally found someone's config which I could mod for my own start to get
going on this? I spent DAYS trying to get this thing to work, reading
hundreds of confused postings, not one ever working and certainly unable to
quickly learn about this.

I don't have the luxury of becoming a pro at this moment but if someone
could tell me that it's safe, then I could run it, and start spending more
time with it, fine tuning as I go, as I said in my post.

> You need to say which squid version you are running and besides, testing
> your squid.conf is as easy as running:

> squid -k parse

This gives me nothing. I've the squid option command to work on the config
to get it running.