Re: [squid-users] Fail-over config

From: rightfoot <forums_at_logicore.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2009 19:35:29 -0700 (PDT)

> I am working on a "active-active" firewall for a customer. It will be two

How did my thread remind you of this? :).

By the way, my currently is a multi-web server setup with a dual LVS front
end. Once I finally get squid working as a reverse, the idea is to put a
couple of load balanced squid servers in front of the web servers to better
maximize. I figure squid should be able to provide way more performance than
adding more web servers for a while.

Anyhow, re-installed squid and using default config, have it working as a
reverse for the main site. It's not yet serving up the virtual hosts
however.

This is what I've got now that it's rebuilt and I'm reading about the
various options.

#Recommended minimum configuration:
cache_mgr www.mydomain.com

acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
acl manager proto cache_object
acl localhost src 127.0.0.1/255.255.255.255
acl to_localhost dst 127.0.0.0/8
acl SSL_ports port 443
acl Safe_ports port 80 # http
acl Safe_ports port 21 # ftp
acl Safe_ports port 443 # https
acl Safe_ports port 70 # gopher
acl Safe_ports port 210 # wais
acl Safe_ports port 1025-65535 # unregistered ports
acl Safe_ports port 280 # http-mgmt
acl Safe_ports port 488 # gss-http
acl Safe_ports port 591 # filemaker
acl Safe_ports port 777 # multiling http
acl CONNECT method CONNECT

acl our_sites dstdomain www.mydomain.com

http_port 80 accel defaultsite=www.mydomain.com vhost

cache_peer 192.168.1.93 parent 80 0 no-query originserver name=myAccel
cache_peer_access myAccel allow our_sites
cache_peer_access myAccel deny all

#Guessing my problem is in the following section since I've never been much
good at ACL's.

http_access allow our_sites
http_access allow manager localhost
http_access deny manager
http_access deny !Safe_ports
http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports
http_access deny all
icp_access allow all

#We recommend you to use at least the following line.
hierarchy_stoplist cgi-bin ?

cache_mem 2048 MB

# maximum_object_size_in_memory 8 KB
# memory_replacement_policy lru

cache_dir ufs /var/spool/squid 40100 16 256
access_log /var/log/squid/access.log squid
cache_log /var/log/squid/cache.log
cache_store_log /var/log/squid/store.log
coredump_dir /var/spool/squid

acl QUERY urlpath_regex cgi-bin \?
acl apache rep_header Server ^Apache

broken_vary_encoding allow apache