[squid-users] Squid 3.1.6, zph, shorewall, and tc on debian 5.0 (lenny)

From: Jason <jason_at_azii.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2009 21:45:06 -0700

Everyone,

    I have compiled squid 3.1.6 from source on amd64 Debian 5.0 with
zph options enabled. I don't peer with any other caches, so all peering
stuff is disabled in my build. I did not compile a kernel with the zph
patches, because, as I understand, that is only necessary if I want to
preserve zph marks between caches. Plus, there is no zph patch for
the kernel version I am running.

With shorewall redirect rules, squid is operating as a transparent
intercepting proxy just fine. I do not use tproxy - this is a NAT setup.

I can not get the zph functions to work.

Here are my config options:

squid.conf
qos_flows local-hit=0x30

shorewall tcstart:
#root htb
tc qdisc add dev eth1 root handle 1: htb default 1

#default htb
tc class add dev eth1 parent 1: classid 1:1 htb rate 64kbps /
ceil 64kbps

#squid htb
tc class add dev eth1 parent 1: classid 1:7 htb rate 1Mbit

tc filter add dev eth1 parent 1: protocol ip prio 1 u32 match /
ip protocol 0x6 0xff match ip tos 0x30 0xff flowid 1:7

#I tried this for squid too
#tc filter add dev eth1 parent 1: protocol ip prio 1 u32 match /
ip protocol 0x6 0xff match u32 0x880430 0xffffffff at 20 flowid 1:7

The shorewall tcrules are all commented out right now, so it is not applying
any filtering.

I have about one week to finish off this server for production... Help?

Jason Wallace