Re: [squid-users] Re: Want to create SQUID mesh, but force certain URLs to be retrieved by only one Proxy

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2009 18:36:58 +1200

Pandu E Poluan wrote:
> The URL is allowed to be accessed by everyone, ProxyA-users, and
> ProxyB/C-users alike.
>
> I just want the URL to be retrieved by ProxyA, because accessing that
> certain URL through ProxyB/C is too damn slow (pardon the language).
>

> Rgds.

Okay. Thought it might be something like that, just wanted to be sure
before fuzzing the issue.

You will need to create an ACL just for this URL (an others you want to
do the same).
  acl objectX ...

proxyA needs to allow peers past the miss_access block.

proxyA:
  miss_access allow objectX
  miss_access deny siblings
  miss_access allow all

siblings must never go direct to the object (always use their parent peer)

proxyB/proxyC:
   never_direct allow objectX

Amos

> Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> Pandu E Poluan wrote:
>>> Anyone care to comment on my email?
>>>
>>> And another question: Is it possible to use miss_access with a
>>> dstdomain acl?
>>>

>>> Rgds.

>> If you can state the problem and the desired setup clearly in
>> single-sentence steps you have usually described the individual config
>> settings needed.
>>
>> Is the URL allowed to be fetched by the slow users through proxyB into
>> proxy A and then internet?

Amos

--
Please be using