Re: [squid-users] Squid 3.1.0.6, zph, shorewall, and tc on debian 5.0 (lenny)

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 20:44:46 +1200

Jason wrote:
>> Amos,
>>
>> Thanks for answering.

>>> NP: please use the correct version numbering: 3.1.0.6.
>>> there will probably be a 3.1.6 at some point in the future and
>>> hopefully this problem will not apply to those users, best not to add
>>> confusion.
>> My mistake. This is for 3.1.0.6. My apologies to the squid community.

>>> Right.

>>> So what are the packet traces showing you about events?
>>>
>>> Also, its much easier for most of us to read the real firewall rules.
>>> what does "iptables -L && iptables -t nat -L" show hapening?
>>>
>>> Amos
>>
>> iptables -L && iptables -t nat -L yields the following. I will try to
>> packet trace this afternoon.
> I have researched what a packet trace could mean. Do you want to see
> what wireshark says on a client computer when I try to retrieve
> something that should come from the cache?

I can't see the tos handling in iptables, maybe we needed -v option on
the list, or shorewall may have placed it elsewhere.

I just thought, check your config for tcp_outgoing_tos, which is likely
to replace any qos_flow specifics with the blanket TOS. I'm going to
have to fix that clash up someday.

Amos

--
Please be using