Re: [squid-users] Cache directory size decreased

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 15:23:10 +1200

Wilson Hernandez - MSD, S. A. wrote:
> Hello..
>
> I've noticed that my server's /var/log/squid/cache decreased from 37G to
> 35G. I just need to know if this is normal.
>
> thanks.

 From only that info, I'd say its normal. Cache grows all the time, and
when garbage collection happens or files are replace old stuff gets
thrown out. Big changes like 2GB might occur with the 5% garbage
collection margin on large caches.

If the drop and CPU time taken up by garbage collection is a problem,
then tuning the cache_swap_high and cache_swap_low options may be needed.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.7