[squid-users] SNMP MIB updates?

From: Gregori Parker <Gregori.Parker_at_theplatform.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 10:26:52 -0700

I was creating a fresh batch of cacti graph templates for Squid the other day (focused on reverse proxy setups, I will release them soon), and while crawling the Squid MIB I noticed that HTCP metrics don't register anywhere. Furthermore, the entire MIB seems to be in need of updating - here's a list of things I would like to understand or see updated at some point...

* cachePeerTable should be re-created so that it doesnt index by ip address (results in OID not increasing error when walking!)
* update cacheIcp* to register HTCP now that it is built in by default
* add a cacheHttpMisses (and pending, and negative) to cacheProtoAggregateStats
* more detailed memory counters - the current cacheMemUsage doesnt seem to measure how much memory is being used for caching (in my diskless cache setups, the counter flatlines around 600MB when I know there is much more than that being used)
* cacheCpuUsage is constant at 8% across a variety of squid servers at all times - I can see that this doesnt match up with what I see locally via top or in my normal unix cpu graphs.
* throughput should be measured in bits instead of kilobytes throughout the MIB

Btw, I've been trying to understand the differences between the cacheProtoAggregateStats and cacheIpCache tables - I get very different numbers in terms of requests, hits, etc and I cant account for it.

Thanks in advance,
Gregori