Re: [squid-users] TCP_MISS/600 Squid 2.6S6 and Dansguardin

From: Marco Leone <marco.leone_at_siciliaeservizi.it>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 15:17:16 +0200

Hi Amos,

thank you for your reply.

>> I haven't been able to solve this issue on my own so I'm writing
here >> hoping to receive some feedback.
>> I use a same host squid/dansguardian combination for 5/6.000 active
>> users.
>>
>> Some of the users are complaining they can't reach a particular web
>> page.

>> I can reach the page if I don't use the Dansguardian and I see in
the >> squid logs a TCP_MISS/600 that sounds like something is wrong with
>> the header. If I try enabling the Dansguardian I receive the page
but >> without any content.

>> Here follows extract from logs and header obtained with tcpdump
>> sessions.
>>
>> Trying host dst.domain.com I'm redirected to the page haveing the
>> problem: http://dst.domain.com/aaa/bbb.html.

> 1) try a current squid. 2.6 is deprecated now.

I cannot upgrade at the moment because of the policy regarding this
particular infrastructure so I have to deal with this old copy of Squid.

> 2) check if the request is making it out past Squid and a reply
coming back at all. That way we can restrict the parse problem to
either request or reply headers.

As I tried to explain if I use only Squid I see (tcpdump) the request
going out and the reply coming in and the browser is able to process the
page; if I enable dansguardian squid forward the bad header
(TCP_MISS/600) and dansguardian is not able to process the page.

> 3) raise the parser debug_options and see where its failing.

I put the debug_options to ALL,9 and now we have lot of output, as the
Squid 600 code stated there's something wrong with the header, can you help?

-It seems that the mailing list is not accepting this mail if I attach
the 150k log file, anyway to send it?-

TIA.

--
Marco.