Re: [squid-users] Problem with squivir2, anyone?

From: Frank Fiene <ffiene_at_veka.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 2009 07:13:35 +0200

Am 16.04.2009 um 17:52 schrieb Henrik K:

> On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 03:57:35PM +0200, Frank Fiene wrote:
>> Hi i have a problem with integrating clamav with squivir2 into squid.
>
> Not that it helps with this specific question, but get yourself a
> real tool.
> Redirector based virus scanners are flawed by design. You want to
> look at
> proxy based scanners like HAVP (http://www.server-side.de/) or ICAP
> based
> like c-icap (http://c-icap.sourceforge.net/). They offer performance
> and
> security.

Is anyone using HAVP? I read only one sentence on the home page:

Disadvantage:
If the scanning process is too slow and the file is larger than the
defined "hold back data" you can still receive a virus! If the file
contains a virus and the file is bigger than the "hold back data" the
download will be cancelled with no warning. If you try to download the
file again you will get the error message (this feature is not
implemented yet).

My opinion: this is a no-go!

And ICAP is only working with Squid-3, this is not included in my
distribution! I don't want to compile squid every time when there is a
bugfix.

Regards!

Frank

--