Re: [squid-users] Not Anonymous ?

From: Julien P. <drrapidos_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2009 10:50:33 -0700

Hi Amos,
sorry for the late reply. I tried many configurations and none succeeded.

The best result that I got is that the website is able to detect my
current ip, but still uses the proxy's one to make the localization.
(I am using http://www.mon-ip.com to check if my configuration is working or
not)

I also tried plenty of websites, in order to check whether it is
important or not to show the user's IP. Unfortunately, a lot of
website do use the Ip to render the website in different languages.
The best example would be all the Google websites (google.com,
youtube.com, etc ...). They all render the website in French (as my
server is based over there) even if I am currently in San Francisco

So I could really need to find a work around for that as I don't want to
setup a server in each country for each user :). Do you have any idea,
or is it just impossible ?

Also, to make everything clear, if I don't want to have anonymising
turned on, I should not put "via off" and "forwarded_for off" in my
config file. Right ?

Thank you so much for your daily contributions,
Julien

Sent from San Francisco, California, United States