[squid-users] Squid and TC - Traffic Shaping

From: Wilson Hernandez - MSD, S. A. <wh_at_msdrd.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 16:30:31 -0400

Hello.

I was writing a script to control traffic on our network. I created my
rules with tc and noticed that it wasn't working correctly.

I tried this traffic shaping on a linux router that has squid doing
transparent cache.

When measuring the download speed on speedtest.net the download speed is
70kbps when is supposed to be over 300kbps. I found it strange since
I've done traffic shaping in the past and worked but not on a box with
squid. I stopped the squid server and ran the test again and it gave me
the speed I assigned to that machine. I assigned different bw and the
test gave the correct speed.

Have anybody used traffic shaping (TC in linux) on a box with squid? Is
there a way to combine both a have them work side by side?

Thanks in advanced for your help and input.