[squid-users] Proxy https

From: Stun Box <stunbox_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 12:21:38 +0200

Hello,

I have a wireless network which gives visitor access through a captive portal.
I am using coovachilli, but it does not ensure protection. (Open
Association & Http)
I am looking for a proxy which can receive a http request
(http://www.google.fr), redirect to https protocol
(https://www.google.fr), do the http request on the internet side,
then get back the web page asked through the https connection to the
client.

In a scheme, it looks like that :

User => http request => Proxy
User <= https redirect <= Proxy
User => https request => Proxy => http request => website
User <= https response <= Proxy <= http response <= website

Is that possible with squid ?

Thank you.
G.