Re: [squid-users] redirector #1 (FD 6) exited

From: murrah boswell <otrcomm_at_isp-systems.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 21:26:33 -0700

Hello All,

> Periodically I get messages in cache.log like:
>
> redirector #1 (FD 6) exited
>
> It is possible to put squid in a debug mode level so I can see what
> query was submitted that caused my redirector to die?

I did not think my problem was directly related to squid, and it was not. But turning on debugging at the "redirector call" level
pointed me in the right direction. Thanks again Tris!

I have rewritten squidGuard to query mysql for blacklisted/whitelisted domains/urls and was sending unescaped urls to mysql. Some of
the urls were loaded with double and single quotes and other characters that were causing the queries to raise error conditions in
mysql. Therefore, the redirector instantiations were dying.

Escaping all critical parts of queries with mysql_escape_string fixed the problem.

Regards,
Murrah Boswell