Re: [squid-users] Web Messengers

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 20:54:02 +1200

Jorge Bastos wrote:
>> It's only a plague if you are not billing clients for their bandwidth
>> usage :)
>>
>> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Chat
>>
>> If you know of other clients that go through Squid and can be
>> identified, please let me know what and how the ID is done.
>
> Hi Amos,
> For MSN case and it's webmessengers, does the mime-type will handle them
> all?
> ---
> acl msn url_regex -i gateway.dll
> acl msnd dstdomain messenger.msn.com gateway.messenger.hotmail.com
> =>acl msn1 req_mime_type ^application/x-msn-messenger$<=
> ---

I'm not certain. That was all written up before my time.

I think it will catch most of the MSN Messenger branded clones, and
maybe some of the Windows Live Messenger ones as well.

The tricky think about some of those IM are that they send different
types of request through for different actions. I'd use all the above ACL.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.7