Re: [squid-users] Web service

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 13:28:28 +1200

Colloca Gabriel (Medios Digitales - Desarrollo de Productos) wrote:

<snip>

> Is a simple question. Can I cache a (.Net) webservice with squid. I made
> some tests and I always get a Miss. If I can do it, what squid check to
> think that the content was no modify. I want to getting information
> updated from the WS only every 30 second.

Squid caches everything it is allowed to.

Ensure that your web app is sending the correct Expires: and
Cache-Control: headers to enable caching for the 30 second period or
however long you want.

The cacheability engine is useful to identify exactly what is or not
cacheable and why.
   http://www.ircache.net/cgi-bin/cacheability.py

Amos

--