[squid-users] redirecting unauthenticated users

From: Philippe Boeij <philippe.boeij_at_scarlet.be>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2009 20:46:50 +0200

Hi,

I have a question. I'd like to have squid configured for the following:

- User opens browser (with squid proxy configured) and gets redirected to a
login page
- The browser prompts asks for a proxy username/ password.
- if the user provided a good username/password, he/she can click on an icon
to get redirected to the original requested page.

squid.conf (using version 2.7stable5) part:

        acl all src all
        acl freesites dstdomain login.mydomain.local
        acl AuthUsers proxy_auth REQUIRED

        http_access allow all
        # process redirector program between http_access and
http_access2,
        # result depends on the fact if a username exists.
        http_access2 allow freesites
        http_access2 allow AuthUsers
        http_access2 deny all

Problem is that this way the redirector program never gets any username
passed although the user is asked for a user/pass.

This works partially (username gets passed):

        http_access allow AuthUsers
        # -> process redirector program between http_access and http_access2
        http_access2 allow all

But now I can't redirect to a nice welcome page before the username/password
prompt...

Please someone help.

Many thanks.

Philippe