Re: [squid-users] Any possible way to block MySpace IM with Squid?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 15:01:37 +1200 (NZST)

> Hello people,
> I was wondering if there was any way to block MySpace IM?
>
> I don't want to block myspace.com
> I personally don't care if people go to MySpace's website.
> But my issue is MySpace IM... How do I block this without blocking all
> of MySpace?
>
> I am running Squid 3, Stable 8.

You will need to find the uniquely identifying information that applies
only to the IM protocol requests when they are sent via HTTP. Once those
are known its pretty easy to define ACL to test for them.
 see the http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Chat for examples of
how its done for other IM.

If you can find a set, even incomplete or slightly broken info, about the
ACL needed the wiki can do with the addition of a Chat/MySpace page.

Amos