Re: [squid-users] Question on changing from ufs to aufs+coss

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 19:40:39 +1200

Pandu E Poluan wrote:
> All,
>
> I currently use ufs. Based on discussions here and elsewhere, it seem
> better to use aufs+coss.
>
> So, if I want to change over to ufs, is it enough to do the following:
>
> * Stop squid
> * Recursive-delete the cache directory
> * Run squid -z
> * Start squid
>
> Inputs are appreciated. Thanks beforehand :-)

Only if you are taking a portion of the current UFS cache and giving it
to COSS (not a good idea to have 2+ cache on same disk anyway).

To simply change the existing UFS cache to AUFS and add a new disk for
COSS all you need is this:

  * partition/format COSS disk
  * configure new coss cache_dir in squid.conf
  * change ufs tag to aufs in squid.conf
  * stop squid
  * run squid -z
  * restart squid

NP: I only bother stopping to be 100% certain the change to aufs does
not make the -z alter anything in active use. It is probably only a -z
then reconfigure needed.

Amos

--
Please be using