[squid-users] Multiple different parents and no default

From: Markus Meyer <markus.meyer_at_koeln.de>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 14:02:27 +0200

Hi all,

sorry for the bad subject choice. I'm quite stuck here and could use
some help ;)

Here an example setup to explain my issue.
My own proxy goes under the name "myproxy".
I have two parent proxies:
- jallah.image
- kalimba.image

Now it comes. I know that I have a request for "jallah.image" when the
client-request contains of http://myproxy/jallah_img/foo/bar.jpg. This
needs to be rewritten to http://myproxy/foo/bar.jpg since /foo/bar.jpg
is the original address on "jallah.image". Same with "kalimba.images".

The rewrite program isn't the problem. But how can I tell Squid to pick
the right parent. Especially since I don't have a default proxy. So what
to do with requests that neither contain "/jallah_img" nor "/kalimba_img"?

I hope I could more or less make clear my issue.

Cheers,

        Markus