[squid-users] RE: ICP vs Cache Digest

From: <vincent.blondel_at_ing.be>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 08:09:32 +0200

>Hello all,
>
>something I do not understand .. I plan enabling ICP between my squid
proxy web caches hosted in internal lan area and my internet gateways
hosted in dmz >area.

>Everything seem to work correctly, I see the ICP packets exchanged
between all devices except I always receive this type of error message

> 2009/04/27 16:59:27| temporary disabling (Forbidden) digest from
10.66.9.193

>Let we have a look on the configs in place ... All package installed
are compiled with '--enable-cache-digests'.

>Squid (2.6.12 & 2.7.4) dmz internet gateways config ...
>
>icp_port 3130
>log_icp_queries off
>icp_hit_stale off
>icp_access allow srcip_internalproxies
>icp_access deny all
>
>Squid (2.6.12) internal Proxy web caches config ...
>
>icp_port 3130
>icp_query_timeout 0
>maximum_icp_query_timeout 50 # (milliseconds)
>dead_peer_timeout 1 second
>log_icp_queries off
>icp_hit_stale off
>icp_access deny all
>
>cache_peer @my_cache_parent_1@ parent 8080 3130 weight=2
>cache_peer @my_cache_parent_2@ parent 8080 3130 weight=1
>
>Is that normal I get this message or is there something I did not
understand with ICP and digest (e.g. not compatible) ??

>Did I forget to add some parameters next to my cache_peer entries (e.g
no-digest ..) ?

any idea ???

>many thks to help me.
<Vincent
ATTENTION:
The information in this electronic mail message is private and
confidential, and only intended for the addressee. Should you
receive this message by mistake, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or use of this
message is strictly prohibited. Please inform the sender by
reply transmission and delete the message without copying or
opening it.

Messages and attachments are scanned for all viruses known.
If this message contains password-protected attachments, the
files have NOT been scanned for viruses by the ING mail domain.