Re: [squid-users] Transparent proxy with HTTPS on freebsd

From: nyoman karna <balique8061_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 04:58:07 -0700 (PDT)

nope,
you can NOT use transparent proxy for HTTPS.

since using transparent proxy for HTTPS
will be considered as man-in-the-middle attack.

you probably may use PAC (as Amos suggested)
but IMO it ruin the basic idea of using transparent proxy
(which is user does not need to put any setting in their browser)

Nyoman Bogi Aditya Karna
      IM Telkom
http://www.imtelkom.ac.id