RE: [squid-users] Getting Connection Refused When Multiple Interfaces Enabled

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 14:47:33 +1200 (NZST)

> I don't believe I have anything other than the selinux-libs installed,
> don't think there is anything running related to them though.

The trouble we see a lot of here is the SELinux does a lot of its own
magic silently in the background unless you known how to whip it into line
properly. I'd seek out an expert on that to check it anyways if we can;t
find a simple fix elsewhere.

> Here are the settings you were asking about

<snip basic config>

Okay with that setup squid leaves all IP and routing stuff up to the
kernel. It still feels to me like the OS is assigning the outgoing
requests with an IP that does not route anywhere useful. It may be time to
drag out the packet tracing tools.

Amos