RE: [squid-users] WCCP return method

From: Ritter, Nicholas <Nicholas.Ritter_at_americantv.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 14:07:43 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: kgardenia42 [mailto:kgardenia42_at_googlemail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 30, 2009 1:44 PM
To: squid-users_at_squid-cache.org
Subject: [squid-users] WCCP return method

My questions are :

* When the squid box has to proxy to the web-app, what is the
recommended way to stop a circular redirect i.e. I want to avoid the
squid box's proxied connection from getting intercepted by the
router's WCCP rules and looped back around to the squid box again.

Have the squid box on a dedicated sub-interface or physical interface,
run the "wccp redirect" statements on the local Ethernet interface and
use an "ip wccp redirect exclude" statement on the interface the squid
box is running on.

This is how I do it, and it works great.

* WCCP supports a return method for packets which the web-cache
decides to reject/return. Does squid support this? I see that the
return method can be configured in squid but is the support for
returning actually there?

I dunno about this one.