[squid-users] Pass the IP?

From: <detariael_at_aol.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 17:48:45 -0400

Hi everyone,

I was talking to my ISP admin another day. We have our network
configured in a way that we get external public IP for everyone for
every port except for port 80, because he's got Squid set there to
cache the pages and speed it up. He says we can't get public IP's on
port 80, because all the traffic goes through Squid and it changes the
IP.

Is there a way to configure Squid that:
1.) it still works as a cache;
2.) it won't change the IP of the user as he surfs the page.

If so, I'd be glad if someone could point it out, so I could forward it
to my admin. I just hate going to sites and seeing that my IP is in
some blacklist due to someone in my network doing some bad things (or
rather, some malicious software doing it for them without them even
knowing). I already have public IP - please help me get it on port 80
as well.

Regards,
Detariael