Re: [squid-users] squid + auth + safari + SSL = TCP_DENIED/407

From: Gavin McCullagh <gavin.mccullagh_at_gcd.ie>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 10:37:59 +0100

Hi,

On Fri, 01 May 2009, Amos Jeffries wrote:

> This one seems like a browser bug like Henrik says in that post you found.
>
> The only part Squid has in any of this is to open a CONNECT tunnel and
> shove data bits between browser and server. And auth credentials,
> challenge or POST content which goes through the tunnel is not touched
> by Squid in any way.

I presume the auth credentials for squid are outside the data bits that
need shoving, so it seems like it must be an interaction between squid and
safari, but yes, it does sound like a browser bug.

I guess I'll try and craft an ACL which says
        useragent==safari and SSL
and allow it without authentication.

Thanks,
Gavin