Re: [squid-users] Squid DENY access "www.Symantec.com"

From: Jeff Pang <pangj_at_arcor.de>
Date: Sat, 02 May 2009 11:33:10 +0800

panagiotis polychronopoulos :
> Actually the problem is that the squid can not permit access in web when the DNS name of web page is resolved in more than one IP address.

I don't think Squid has that problem for proxying a domain which has
more than one IPs, unless the website has Session Persistence problems
(even this, the site's hostmaster should be taking something to resolve
that, not you).

If you doubt it still, you could put an entry in /etc/hosts to give that
domain with only one IP then run Squid to test it.

Finally you may check Squid's logs carefully to find out what's the real
problem.

--
Jeff Pang
DingTong Technology