Re: [squid-users] ftp access configuration

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 01:36:39 +1200

marcus wrote:
> hey guys,
>
> sorry for just quoting my problem from this site:
> http://www.nabble.com/FTP-access-configuration-td15613479.html
>
> --------snip
> Dear All,
>
> I have configured the Squid (with authentication ) and it is working
> fine for surfing internet. But whenever client tried to access our ftp
> site (which is also password protected), instead of asking for
> password it automatic tried the password and give this error
>
> ERROR
> The requested URL could not be retrieved
>
> An FTP authentication failure occurred while trying to retrieve the
>
> Squid sent the following FTP command:
>
> PASS <yourpassword>
>
> and then received this reply
>
> User anonymous cannot log in.
>
> Your cache administrator is arun@....
> -------------
>

> i have excatly the same problem (squid with proxy_auth).
> is there any way to enforce ie7 and mozilla (or workaround) to prompt for login cred. using ftp://ftp.mysite.com method?

Not really. Many browsers are known not to produce popups for FTP auth
when they should be expected to.

What squid version?

Squid-3 as an error we are aware of that prevents the browser even being
asked. I don't know if it affects Squid-2. A fix may be a long time
coming in that though.

Amos

--
Please be using