Re: [squid-users] How to make squid cache files and webpages?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 11:44:27 +1200 (NZST)

> Does squid cache files and webpages automatically or do I have to add a
> few
> command lines to enable it?

The default is to cache.
You can alter what it caches and how by altering the settings.
Please read the FAQ if you want to go and do that
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq

> How about the about of memory RAM used by squid and the amount of disk
> available for cache? Do I have to set this up or not? If not, what are the
> default values?

defaults vary depending on the version of Squid.
Older Squid have 32 MB RAM for memory-cache + more for indexes and live
transactions. With 100MB of disk cache by default.

Newer Squid-3 have 256 MB RAM cache + plus extras, and no disk cache.

Please see the configuring section of the FAQ. Or if you have specific
questions not answered there please ask again.

Amos