Re: [squid-users] OpenBSD / Transparent proxy and session helper :)

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson_at_gci.net>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 13:30:48 -0800

Parvinder Bhasin wrote:
> Just wondering if this was a typo on the squid wiki page for OpenBSD /
> Transparent proxy example, in PF the port is routed to 3128 but inside
> squid config , its http_port 3129. Is this correct?

http_port is set to 3129, so the PF port should be redirecting to 3129.

> if squid was set on 3129 and you were to spin off netcat to listen on
> port 3129 and then start squid, it will surely fail as the port is
> used by the netcat listner.
> It would be great to know if this doc was correct or a typo.

I think the idea would be to run netcat, then try to navigate to a page
to see if the traffic is intercepted (and output by netcat). If it is,
kill the nc session and start Squid in its place.

> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Intercept/OpenBsdPf
>
> My main question was to search for a session_helper example. Is there
> a small session_helper example page out there that someone can point
> me to?

Check the man page, or the mailing list archives. If you have specific
questions that aren't answered, post them to the list.

> -Parvinder Bhasin

Chris