Re: [squid-users] Squid ICP

From: Thys de Beer <Thys_at_nwpg.gov.za>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2009 08:21:32 +0200

HI All,

Dayo ...thanks...but i got the problem..and you wont believe this...the
child proxies are netcache appliances that ONLY want to work to parent
proxy on http port 3128 , i had my setup on 8080 (squid) , when i added
3128 again and setup netcache to use 3128 its working!!!!!..what a waist
of time...

Dayo Adewunmi <contactdayo_at_gmail.com> wrote:
Thys de Beer wrote:
> HI All,
>
> Right i been struggle for this for DAYS now..i cant get my other
cache
> (netapp cache appliance) to icp to my squid 2.5 box?.... here is what
> know and tested looked for...
>
> Squid startup show ICP service as active listening on port 3130 ...
>
> But when i try to telnet to port..i get a access ferused ...
>
> but apart from that ,settting up my other proxy to use this squid as
> parent it i not working...seems i don't even see the tried connection
in
> access.log...
>
> nmap - sU squidbox also shows 3130 to be listening ....
>
> my http_access allow rule is fine i even for testing allow ALL , as
> with icp_access ....
>

> Kind Regards,
>
> Thys de Beer
> 018 388 3818
> 082 456 1891
> NOSSS - Network Operating Systems Support Services
>

> Disclaimer
>
> *This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain
information
> which is confidential, private or privilege in nature and it is for
the
> sole use of the recipient to whom it is addressed. If you are not
the
> intended recipient, you must immediately notify the sender via
> electronic mail and further refrain from reading, disseminating,
> distributing, copying or using this message or any of its
transmitted
> files. Any views of this message and its transmitted files are those
of
> the sender unless the sender specifically states such views to be
those
> of the North-West Provincial Government. Though this message and its
> transmitted files have been swept for the presence of computer
viruses,
> the North-West Provincial Government accepts no liability whatsoever
for
> any loss, damage or expenses resulting directly or indirectly from
the
> use or access of this message or any of its transmitted files*

Thys, could you paste your squid.conf files? I've successfully set up
parent-child between a squid2.6 and a squid3, so maybe I can spot a
mistake in your configs somewhere.
Regards

Dayo