[squid-users] How to strip/ignore header in squid?

From: Kurt Buff <kurt.buff_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 11:56:01 -0700

All,

My user population is having frequent problems fetching PDFs through
our squid proxy, and I think I've narrowed down the issue, though I'm
not 100% certain of it.

I see two deny messages from our Sidewinder firewall, that are
associated with the URLs regarding request headers for the PDFs:

     "Request denied with request header Unless-Modified-Since."

and

     "Request denied with request header Translate."

Is there a way to cause squid to ignore these request headers from the
browsers, or to replace them with something benign? Is it reasonable
to do so, or will that just cause further issues?

Any help and thoughts appreciated.

Kurt