Re: [squid-users] OT: software to force the client to use the proxy

From: Jeff Pang <pangj_at_arcor.de>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 10:51:50 +0800

Al - Image Hosting Services:
> Hi,
>
> I am using squid with a block list. It works great for everyone on the
> LAN, but the issue that I am not able to effectively filter the internet
> for anyone who is not on the LAN without putting in some proxy settings.
> Is there software that could automatically set this up and lock the
> settings when not on the LAN?

Totally be confused. Do you mean part of the users don't use squid as
proxy, but you want to filter them? Some network management software
could be, but that most probably will break users' privacy heavily. In
this (crazy) country there are some commercial software which can be
used to monitor and intercept user's all internet transfer like
email/MSN/webpage etc.

--
Jeff Pang
DingTong Technology