Re: [squid-users] OT: software to force the client to use the proxy

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 00:27:56 +1200

Adam Carter wrote:
>>> I am using squid with a block list. It works great for
>> everyone on the
>>> LAN, but the issue that I am not able to effectively filter
>> the internet
>>> for anyone who is not on the LAN without putting in some
>> proxy settings.
>>> Is there software that could automatically set this up and lock the
>>> settings when not on the LAN?
>
> BOFH solution is to filter outbound connections to port 80 and 443 from all hosts except the proxy.
>
> Also look at;
> - Group Policy for windows domain machines
> - Consider interception (but it cant be used with authentication)

Key words here being "when not on the LAN".

AFAIK setting the domain permissions to lock the user out of networking
controls is what you want.

Someone who knows how to use your network domain controller to set that
and push it out to the machine will have to help you with the finer details.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.7