Re: [squid-users] Squid Slowness

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 00:57:52 +1200

Charles Melbye wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to configure Squid to accelerate my MediaWiki sites. It
> usually does a good job of that, and it has definitely raised the
> requests per second that we can handle, but occasionally, it takes a
> really long time to load a page (30s to 1m).
>
> I have no idea why this is happening, but my best guess is that it's
> Squid's fault, because my web server alone never had those problems.
>
> Is there any way to profile Squid and figure out where the bottleneck is?

Squid provides a range of SNMP measures of whats going on.

The cache.log is also useful at numericaly low debug levels ALL,1 for
information messages or ALL,2 to see what Squid is doing over time.

Then there is the cachemgr interface for snapshots of state. Use the
cachemgr.cgi or squidclient tools to access that.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.7