RE: [squid-users] New squid3 install

From: Jason Staudenmayer <jasons_at_adventureaquarium.com>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 11:12:23 -0400

> I just got done setting up a new squid-3.0-STABLE15 server
> I'm using my old acl list from a squid-2.3-STABLE4 so far
> it's working
> fine but I'm starting to notice some things in the log file.
> It seems that every request is denied and then accepted, even when
> refreshing the same page the pattern repeats.
> This doesn't seem normal to me has anyone else seen this?
>
> Jason

A bit more info on this issue, it seems it has nothing to do with my acl's but everything
to do with NTLM auth. Seems that the server doesn't remember who anyone is and will deny your first few requests for every object on a page. Is there anyway around this as all of these denied entries will throw off the reports I run on the system.

Thanks

Jason