Re: [squid-users] The acl for cache_peer_access

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 12:21:23 +1200 (NZST)

> Hi, all
>
> The acl for cache_peer_access is not onBlockingCheck but fastCheck.
> Why ? Are there any problem if the acl is onBlockingCheck.

Using the long tests will have some impact on performance, possibly a
large impact. No real issues that I'm aware of.

As far as I know its simply because nobody has taken the time to change
the ACL type. Patches against 3.1 snapshots or 3.HEAD are welcome. It
needs the call to be split in half with clean handling of the wait state
and a callback for completion of half-completed tests.

Amos