Re: [squid-users] TProxy not faking source address.

From: rihad <rihad_at_mail.ru>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 12:08:35 +0500

Omid Kosari wrote:
> I solved the problem . I have installed
>
> aptitude install libcap2 libcap2-dev
>
> and then recompiled squid and tproxy problem solved.
> Thank you Amos for http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/Tproxy4 . please
> also edit troubleshooting section for Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty) users to install
> libcap2 libcap2-dev before compiling squid .
> AFAIK the simplest way to running the TPROXY is in Ubuntu 9.04 (Jaunty) .

Thanks a lot, it works! Ubuntu 9.04 was indeed missing libpcap-dev
(libcap2 was installed, though)
$ dpkg -l|fgrep libcap
ii libcap-dev 1:2.16-5
         development libraries and header files for l
ii libcap2 1:2.16-5
         support for getting/setting POSIX.1e capabil

after rebuilding Squid, it finally started working (even though I didn't
see _any_ error regarding some capability missing)

P.S.: I think this page: http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/Tproxy4
should note it on the forefront that libcap is a required dependency for
tproxy, not only under the "Stopping full transparency: Missing needed
capability support." header because I never saw it, so didn't read further.

Thanks a lot again.