[squid-users] ICAP Respmod service does not receive any message after first exchange

From: Shree Raman <Shree_Raman_at_symantec.com>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 07:55:03 -0700

Hi,

I am working with Squid-3.0.Stable13 release. I have set an ICAP service in RESPMOD mode. I have been unsuccessful in making it work completely.

On enabling debug options for ICAP, HTTP Request/Reply/Message, I have noticed that an ICAP options message is exchanged with the ICAP server. On receiving the successful option response, I could see this log statement - "ICAPService got new options and is now [up]".  Following this response, an ICAP message is sent to ICAP server, for which it responds with "204 No Content". No more message exchange takes place between Squid and ICAP server. What looks fishy to me is this statement "ICAP/ICAPConfig.cc(332) found no matching service in class class_foo". For first message, it could find the service but after that it is unable to find one. Any comments/suggestions.

ICAP configuration in squid.conf is:

icap_service foo respmod_precache 0 icap://a.b.c.d:port/respmod
icap_class class_foo foo
icap_access class_foo allow all

Thanks in advance,
Shree