[squid-users] Re: [dansguardian] Re: DG without Squid

From: RSCL Mumbai <rscl.mumbai_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 22:22:42 +0530

> My recommendation is to get your routing issue (different source IPs to different ISPs) working first, and only then implement some kind of filtering. It's nice to "plan ahead" to try to ensure the solution to one problem doesn't "interfere" with the solution to the other problem. But don't fall into the trap of thinking there must be just one solution to the two separate problems (or even that the two solutions have anything to do with each other, which they may not).

Hi,

Without DG & Squid, IPRoute2 rules work great in routing requests via
specific gateways based on SRC IP (client pc ip).

The moment, squid is implemented, the rules stop to work. When I say
"the rules stop to work", what I mean is -- all requests are routed
via the default g/w. On analyzing, it was found that the SRC IP of the
packes was always 127.0.0.1.

In this given context, do you think there is any tweak in getting
client PC (SRC IP) based routing via multiple ISPs

Thanks for your inputs.

Best regards,
Vai