Re: [squid-users] Help needed setting up ssl proxy

From: Magnus Moraberg <magnus.moraberg_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2009 09:02:28 +0200

Thanks for the reply.

Here's my situation -

Web/SSL Mail server on ports 80 and 443 in Sweden<--network
cloud--><--firewall--><--My Squid Server in Finland /
Gateway-><--firewall--><--network cloud-->Client networks in Sweden
and Finland.

The gateway machine hosting squid is the only connection point between
the Web server and my clients.

The client, the squid server, and the http/https servers are all in
different networks. There are no private network addresses involved.

So I need SSL between the clients and squid and between the web/mail
server and squid. Is this possible with squid or must I use port
forwarding on port 443 on the squid gateway?

Thanks again,

Magnus