Re: [squid-users] delay_pools to "slow down" instead of "blocking" sites like ebay.com

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson_at_gci.net>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 10:51:36 -0800

Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
> Calamaris' statistics reveal that our users spend way too much time on
> non work-related pages.
>
> Can delay_pools be used to somewhat "lessen" the user experience of
> those non work-related sites (e.g. slow them down considerably?)

Yes.

acl non-work dstdomain .ebay.com .craigslist.com
delay_pools 1
delay_class 1 1
delay_parameters 1 1250/1250
delay_access 1 allow non-work
delay_access 1 deny all

Would define a single shared pool, with 1.25 kbytes/sec (10kbit/sec)
available bandwidth which would affect access to ebay.com,
craigslist.com and all of their subdomains.

Chris