RE: [squid-users] MAC + IP Combined ACL - WIll it work???

From: Yanier Salazar Sanchez <yanier.salazar_at_eleccav.une.minbas.cu>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 15:48:06 -0400

I don't understand what you want to make, allow me to see if I understood.
Do you want?. Does a listing of IP say of 192.168.0.100 until 192.168.0.150
which provides them a DHCP Server, they can only navigate, provided they are
in a striped allowed MAC?

acl users_mac arp "/etc/squid/list-of-mac"
acl users_ip ip "/etc/squid/list-of-ip"

http_access allow users_mac users_ip
http_access deny all

It works this way exactly for my.
PD: sorry for my bad English I'm a Cuban.

Dear Yanier,

Thanks for your input. But this will not work with a list of IP's and MAC's
(we have more than 100 users). Then there is no need of user authentication.
I already decleared rule to achieve this (but have a problem where a user
can use any of the ip from the pool... look following.. which i already send
mail to the group;

There will be around 150 to 200 users. If i

-

--
---
Always try to find truth!!!
<yanier.salazar_at_eleccav.une.minbas.cu> wrote:
> From: Yanier Salazar Sanchez <yanier.salazar_at_eleccav.une.minbas.cu>
> Subject: RE: [squid-users] MAC + IP Combined ACL - WIll it work???
> To: "'Truth Seeker'" <truth_seeker_3535_at_yahoo.com>
> Date: Monday, May 25, 2009, 6:42 PM
> (Acl for ip address)
> Acl user1-ip src 192.168.0.100
> (acl for mac address)
> Acl user1-mac arp "mac-address"
> (acl for user and password login)
> Acl user1-user proxy_auth user1
> (acl for domains to those that it can navigate.)
> Acl sites-user1 dstdomain -I .com .org (If it is for all
> the places anything
> it is not added, otherwise it is specified.)
>
> http_access allow user1-mac user1-ip user1-user
> sites-user1
>

> sorry for my bad English I'm a Cuban.

database 4104 (20090526) __________
http://www.eset.com

database 4104 (20090526) __________
http://www.eset.com

Obe Provincial Ciego de Avila
Ave de los Deportes, esq. Circunvalación Norte
Telef: 200708