Re: [squid-users] blocking domains certain times of day

From: Troy Piggins <troy_at_piggo.com>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 09:22:31 +1000

* Dan Slinky wrote :
> 2009/5/28 Troy Piggins <troy_at_piggo.com>
>
> > acl lunchtime time 12:30-13:30
> > acl lunchtime_url dstdomain "/etc/squid3/lunchtime_url.squid"
> >
> > http_access allow lunchtime lunchtime_url
> > http_access deny lunchtime_url
> >
> > How do I add the lunchtime requirement for weekdays only, and allow
> > all day on weekends?
>
> with day-abbreviations:
>
> S - Sunday
> M - Monday
> T - Tuesday
> W - Wednesday
> H - Thursday
> F - Friday
> A - Saturday
>
> Example
>
> acl lunchtime time MTWHF 12:30-13:30

Thanks mate. I've actually tested it and was surprised how close I
was to being correct. Here's what I ended up with:

acl weekends time A S
acl lunchtime time 12:30-13:30
acl lunchtime_url dstdomain "/etc/squid3/lunchtime_url.squid"

http_access allow lunchtime lunchtime_url
http_access allow weekends lunchtime_url
http_access deny lunchtime_url

Now I just need to figure out how to redirect that "denied" page to
one that says "I'm sorry, that website is not allowed during office
hours". :)

--
Troy Piggins