Re: [squid-users] FW: Re[2]: squid with tproxy

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 13:44:17 +1200

7441122 wrote:
> I have gone through http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/Tproxy4 done
> all as required.
>
> initially we had squid as gateway, but now i want to use wccp, is
> tehre any how to on this one ?

Not specifically for the new TPROXY. I've been watching for one. People
who are familiar with WCCP seem not to have any trouble using the old
wiki examples with new TPROXY. People who are not such experts seem not
to be able to get it going no matter what they try.
The old stuff is at http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Intercept

If you (or anyone) know about WCCP and TPROXY and want to experiment and
find out what the issues are. Please go ahead and feedback ANY
differences you find no matter how small, good or bad.

Amos

> many thanks.
>

> On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 4:13 AM, <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz> wrote:
>> On Wed, 27 May 2009 12:06:25 -0500, "Ritter, Nicholas"
>> <Nicholas.Ritter_at_americantv.com> wrote:

>>> NETFILTER_TPROXY
>>> NETFILTER_XT_MATCH_SOCKET
>>> NETFILTER_XT_TARGET_TPROXY
>>>
>>> When i do iptables stat :-
>>>
>>> [root_at_gateway ~]# iptables -t mangle -L -v -n
>>> Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT 5768K packets, 1538M bytes)
>>> pkts bytes target prot opt in out
>>> source destination
>>>
>>> Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT 1494K packets, 892M bytes)
>>> pkts bytes target prot opt in out
>>> source destination
>>>
>>> Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT 4234K packets, 638M bytes)
>>> pkts bytes target prot opt in out
>>> source destination
>>>
>>> Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 2398K packets, 1027M bytes)
>>> pkts bytes target prot opt in out
>>> source destination
>>>
>>> Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT 6632K packets, 1665M bytes)
>>> pkts bytes target prot opt in out
>>> source destination
>>>
>>> Chain DIVERT (0 references)
>>> pkts bytes target prot opt in out
>>> source destination
>>> 0 0 MARK all -- * *
>>> 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 MARK xor 0x1
>>> 0 0 ACCEPT all -- * *

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.8 or 3.0.STABLE16-RC1