[squid-users] squid reduces download speed

From: Wilhelm Drossart <w.drossart_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 19:25:06 +0200

Dear All!

At our school we installed a configuration of an internet router with IP
Cop. The German company Deutsche Telekom is our provider. Our download rate
is as high as 50,000 Kbit/s when we do not start the proxy. When we,
however, use the proxy (squid 2.7) the download speed reduces to approx.
20,000 kbit/s. We tested the router with different hardware; with no visible
success so far.

Hopefully you can help us any further. I am looking forward to your esteemed
reply.

Best regards

Wilhelm Drossart
Deputy Headmaster
Berufsbildungszentrum Neuss Weingartstrasse