Re: [squid-users] How to reduce objects size,

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 01:30:50 +1200

Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz wrote:
> hi Squids,
>
> I wonder to know if there is a way to reduce size of objects that passes over
> squid. I mean for example:
> 1. Get red of all CRLF or useless spaces on html files
> 2. Reduce paletes or colors in JPG/GIFs files
>
> Do you have any comment?

Firstly, think very, VERY carefully about the consequences of altering
other peoples copyright information without any context to how it plugs
into anything else. ie considered stripping whitespace from xml embeded
python when its labeled as text/html? or optimizing the magic
application/x-octet-stream?.
It's a slippery slope leading to a lot of deep trouble.

Then look for content filters that do what you want.

Squid can plug in sequence with another proxy if the filter acts as a proxy.

Squid 3.x also provide ICAP/eCAP interfaces for content adaptation if
the filter provides such an interface.

Or Squid provides a redirector interface for certain older style filters
to be hack up with

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.8 or 3.0.STABLE16-RC1