Re: [squid-users] Problem Squid => Download start very long time

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 23:03:58 +1200

Phibee Network Operation Center wrote:
> Jeff Pang a écrit :
>> Phibee Network Operation Center:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I have a big problems with my Proxy Squid Server:
>>>
>>> I don't know why, when a user want download a PDF from
>>> a website, it's very very long to start (6/8 mn really)
>>> It's not for all site, only a lot of web site.
>>
>> How large is the pdf?
>> You may consider to increase the values for maximum_object_size and
>> maximum_object_size_in_memory in squid.conf.
>>

> No ;=) 16Ko

Check the request headers coming from the client and reply headers
coming from the server. Noting that Squid is HTTP/1.0 in the middle.

Some PDF software from Adobe is known to have serious issues mixing
out-of-sequence range requests through proxies.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.8 or 3.0.STABLE16-RC1