[squid-users] Squid is running but nothing happens

From: oar22 <olegraskin_at_inbox.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 19:41:58 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry if this has been asked a bunch of times before, but seem to have hit a
dead end here. I'm running Squid version 3.0 on linux. When it starts up it
shows that it's accepting HTTP connections at the correct IP. I'm able to
test using squidclient and that part seems to work just fine -- the correct
HTML comes up, all the relevant log files get written to, and I don't get
any error messages. However, when I put in the same IP in the browser's
proxy settings along with the default IP, any page I try to go to just times
out. I turned off the Windows firewall and the antivirus on the client
machine but to no avail. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.